GDPR places responsibility for the protection of data your company holds fairly and squarely on your shoulders.
The only way to really secure data is to manage access effectively. With fines of $20million or 4% of your annual turnover (whichever is highest), it needs to be about more than not writing down passwords and changing them every six months.
To protect data we need to be limiting access to those who need it. We need to be able to see exactly who is viewing, downloading, editing and moving personal data.
How IAM platforms can help control your data
Identity Access Management platforms can help you to manage passwords effectively and secure data, permitting access only to those with the correct authorisation. Other benefits of IAM include:
- Easier and smarter security key management
- Prevent data leaks by permitting access on a ‘need only’ basis
- Gain visibility on who is accessing your data
- Enhance security with additional multi-layer protection
- Ensure access to specific data for those who need it
- Evidence ongoing compliance
- Enables continual monitoring and control of data use
How HANDD can make GDPR compliance more manageable
We’re not going to promise to remove all of your GDPR woes, but our team of data security specialists can help you progress towards compliance.
HANDD’S independent consultants can help take a load off when it comes to finding the right platforms and managing seamless and effective roll outs of these platforms that make operating within a GDPR compliant framework possible. HANDD’s services include:
- Project Management Compliance (Ensure EU Data Protection Directive and other regulatory compliance mandates are met)
- Environment Discovery – Understanding what it is you are trying to protect, how and where
- Data Loss Prevention Policy Creation
- Help Building Requirements and Managing Product Selection
- System Design, Implementation and Deployment
- Training, Education, Support and Maintenance
For more information on how we can help you achieve GDPR compliance please contact us.