With hefty penalties for non-compliance, GDPR is revolutionising the responsibilities of organisations to protect the personal information they hold.
It also ups the ante on businesses by giving data subjects rights. To deliver against these rights, businesses need to be able to easily store, recall and delete data.
This can only be achieved through effective data management and protection. That’s not possible when you’ve no idea what’s happening to your data.
How monitoring and control can support GDPR compliance
Many data management and data protection platforms have consoles that give you a view of your data, how it is being accessed and where it is being used.
With clear dashboards and easy reporting, these tools can take the challenge out of knowing what’s happening to your data.
Once you know how your data is being accessed and used, you can deal with risks as they emerge and enhance downstream technologies to provide better protection.
Data management platforms that offer enhanced visibility of your data include:
- Data Classification solutions
- Identity Access Management software
- Behaviour Analytics applications
- Data Discovery platforms
How HANDD can help you see the bigger picture
There’s no magic bullet, but presenting a comprehensive approach to valuing and protecting your data goes a long way towards GDPR compliance. Our independent consultants can help you discover and implement the right solutions, strategies and processes for data protection that works with your company’s policies. HANDD’s services include:
- Project Management Compliance (Ensure EU Data Protection Directive and other regulatory compliance mandates are met)
- Environment Discovery – Understanding what it is you are trying to protect, how and where
- Data Loss Prevention Policy Creation
- Help Building Requirements and Managing Product Selection
For more information on how we can help you achieve GDPR compliance please contact us.